Writing content for your business, such as website copy, blogs, articles, brochures, and press releases, can be overwhelming if you do not have specialist copywriting skills on the payroll.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools such as ChatGPT and Jasper are promising to revolutionise content creation, so should you be investing your marketing budget in a professional copywriter or ChatGPT?
Both options have advantages and disadvantages; choosing the right one ultimately depends on what you need and what you are trying to achieve.
Let’s take a closer look at each option:
Copywriters are experienced writers who specialise in creating high-quality content tailored to your business.
They understand how to develop engaging and compelling content that resonates with your target audience and helps you achieve your marketing goals.
- High-quality content: A professional copywriter will create well-written, informative, and engaging content.
- Expertise: Copywriters have years of experience writing for various industries and niches. They know how to tailor their writing to your specific needs and goals.
- Personal touch: Copywriters can provide a personal touch to your content. They can infuse your brand’s personality and voice into the writing, which can help your content stand out from the competition.
- Accountability: A professional copywriter takes responsibility for their work and will work with you to ensure you are satisfied with the final product.
- Cost: Hiring a professional copywriter can be expensive, especially if you need a lot of content.
- Speed: Quality content takes time; there is a limitation on the speed you can create content written by a professional copywriter
- Research: A delay to high-quality copy can be the time to learn your business voice and the critical information around the topics you assign
AI-powered writing tools:
You may have heard of ChatGPT or seen adverts for Jasper, both of which allow you to write AI-powered content.
AI-powered writing tools use machine learning algorithms to analyse data and create optimised content for search engines and social media.
- Speed: AI-powered writing tools can create content in seconds, allowing you to generate content faster
- Cost-effective: AI-powered writing tools are often more affordable than hiring a professional copywriter.
- Structure and content: due to the size of the language models used by AI you get relevant information and structure fast.
- Limited creativity: AI-powered writing tools are limited in their ability to create unique, creative content.
- Limited understanding of context: AI-powered writing tools may not always understand the context of the content they create, leading to inadvertent errors in context and facts.
- Lack of personal touch: Without the write training and prompts AI content can seem impersonal and lack the brand voice of the rest of your content
Take A Blended Approach
The reality is that you can choose between a professional copywriter or AI writing tools.
A blend of the two will be the right option for most businesses.
AI to generate ideas and structure to get the ball rolling and using professional copywriting to add context, depth, warmth and the essence of your brand into the copy.
We did this to write this blog; we built the outline using ChatGPT and then covered the rest with a professional copywriter.
This makes creating content faster, and more accurate whilst maintaining our personal touch.